Looks kinda like the icing on the German Chocolate cake I just made, doesn't it? Well I used my leftover pecans, coconut and evaporated milk in this recipe and it turned out great! I just put it all together with a few other simple ingredients and there we have it, a quick & easy praline! It took no time at all (except for the hard part, waiting for them to harden on the wax paper!)
Here's the recipe, enjoy!
(I got it from recipezaar.com, I just added the coconut)
Coconut Pecan Pralines
Yields about 3 dozen
2 ½ cups sugar
½ cup evaporated milk
½ cup light corn syrup
½ cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-2 ½ cups chopped pecans
2 ½ cups grated coconut
1. Mix all ingredients except coconut, vanilla & pecans in large saucepan.
2. Bring to a rolling boil & boil for 3 minutes.
3. Remove from heat & add coconut, vanilla & nuts.
4. Stir by hand 3-4 minutes.
5. Drop by spoonful onto waxed paper and let harden.
Store pralines in an airtight container.