Monday, July 27, 2009

Cake Mix Cookies


I wanted to bake cookies yesterday but I had no flour or sugar on hand, (I know I know... who runs out of flour or sugar?) so anyway, I tried a recipe I had come across a while back: Betty Crocker's Cake Mix Cookies.
They are definitely different from your standard chocolate chip cookie, but they are really good! They have a soft, cakey texture and a buttery flavor. The idea on BettyCrocker.com was to use these cookies for ice-cream sandwiches because they are soft and won't freeze rock solid. I'll have to try that next time!

Cake Mix Cookies:

1 yellow cake mix (I used Betty Crocker's Super Moist)
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick cookie sheets). In large bowl, beat cake mix, butter, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, or mix with spoon. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
2. Onto ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by slightly less than tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
3. Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set (centers will be soft). Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.

*You can substitute 1/2 cup of vegetable oil in place of the butter (if you happen to be running low on the basics like me :)

1 comment:

Kellie Collis said...

The cookies look lovelY!